Welcome Back (Your dreams were your ticket out)

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Typicalities

So I went to give my 60-day notice at work yesterday, and as I walk into the supervisor's office I'm rehearsing what I'm going to say. I'm not good at quitting jobs, even ones I don't like, so I need to practice. The only time I've done it flawlessly was when I left a Post-It note on my boss's desk announcing my immediate resignation from the bookstore and then left the state. "It's been real and it's been fun," I'll tell my current boss. "But it's time to move on. My last day will be March 31st."

Of course, when the actual conversation happened I slipped up and told her that my last day would be April 31st. Perhaps I was thinking of April 1st, my fleeting first day of freedom. So it would appear I've bought myself an unintentional month here in government-land.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home