Welcome Back (Your dreams were your ticket out)

Monday, August 22, 2005

The Arts!


I may not know art...

Though I can hardly claim to qualify as an art expert, I feel comfortable stating that the vast quantity of so-called "contemporary" art is, in a word, crap. Seems like a lot of taking pictures of one's body parts so one doesn't have to leave the apartment, squatting in front of a video camera for 45 minutes, or forest-floor-looking mixed media abstracts. However, there is one contemporary artist working today to whom I must give the propers.

His name is Marcel Dzama, and this series is currently on display at the MOMA. I especially dig "Scheme of the Circles of Battle," which appears above in reduced-size. Can't get enough of rabbit with gun and smoking cat-thing. So anyway, I can no longer say that all contemporary art is crap. Big ups, Dzama!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home