Welcome Back (Your dreams were your ticket out)

Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Say It Ain't So

Apparently, I've been mispronouncing the word "akin" my entire life. I've been saying it "achin'," like how George W. Bush would have described an especially vicious headache after a long night in 1978. How horrifying. It's like when I found out Jason Giambi's glorious body (as seen in Arm & Hammer deodorant commercials) was chemically enhanced. All my illusions now flushed down a backward flushing Australian toilet.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah D. said...

No worries, Eli. I think we all have those problems with certain tricky words. My similar revelation happened with the word "epitome." Turns out, it's not pronounced ep-i-tome. That dang word has FOUR syllables!

5:33 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home