Welcome Back (Your dreams were your ticket out)

Monday, February 28, 2005

Never A Dude Like This One!


In better days

Less discerning eyes may have not noticed this year's most egregious Oscar snub, but that's why I'm paid the big bucks. I'm not talking about Paul Giamatti's inexplicable lack of a nomination; I'm not talking about Charlie Kaufman once again being shut out for original screenplay (oh, sorry, force of habit)-- what I'm talking about is bumping Ron O'Neal out of the "In Memorium" segment of this year's Oscars. What, Yo Yo Ma couldn't stretch that half-note out another measure to get this brother in?
Now I'm not saying O'Neal, whose last film was 2002's On The Edge, should have superceded Brando or Ossie Davis. But I'll put it to you this way: who brought more to the overall art of cinema, Superfly or the Gipper?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home