Welcome Back (Your dreams were your ticket out)

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

I Promised Myself I Wouldn't But...

I tried to resist, really I did, but I just...couldn't...help...myself. After I went to all the trouble of mocking the top ten lists of the year, I have to make a Top Ten List for Movies of 2004. It's the influence of reading all the critics' lists. I apologize profusely.

1. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind: to quote my Dad, "I don't know who directed this movie, but you just hate him 'cause he's so fucking good!"
2. Sideways
3. Fog of War (saw it in February, so we cool)
4. Bad Education
5. The Dreamers
6. A Very Long Engagement
7. Before Sunset
8. Kill Bill, Vol. 2
9. Kinsey
10. as I am not a way-cool New York film critic, I haven't seen the following yet, which may still make the list and/or knock others off: House of Flying Daggers, The Aviator, Million Dollar Baby, The Incredibles, Hotel Rwanda, Moolaade, Tarnation, etc.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah D. said...

Funny, when you and Lauren mentioned that Ebert and/or Roper had "Moolaade" on their Top 10, I thought you said Mulan! (I realize [after a quick IMDB search] that Mulan actually came out in '98, but I'm no longer hip to the Disney movies, so what do I know?)

9:23 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home