Welcome Back (Your dreams were your ticket out)

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Somalia on the Spot

The Supreme Court today struck down the death penalty for minors, which is a huge relief for me. Back when I was eight, I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.

"Nino" Scalia retorted in his dissenting opinion that, "the court thus proclaims itself sole arbiter of our nation's moral standards - and in the course of discharging that awesome responsibility purports to take guidance from the views of foreign courts and legislatures." I guess he felt we should stand strong with Somalia as the only countries in the world that execute juveniles.

3 Comments:

Blogger EB said...

Slate's Fred Kaplan with more on Scalia:

http://slate.msn.com/id/2114219/

2:16 PM

 
Blogger Sarah D. said...

That was YOU that shot a man in Reno just to watch him die?? I've been fooled all this time!

5:16 PM

 
Blogger EB said...

Yeah, Johnny Cash stole all his material from me. I don't want to speak ill of the dead, but seriously, what a no talent hack.

1:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home