Welcome Back (Your dreams were your ticket out)

Thursday, October 14, 2004

What Took Me So Long?

I meant to mention this earlier, but it makes me madder than heck when people refuse to give Ichiro his propers just because he ain't Barry Bonds. If you break a record that has stood for 84 years, that must mean it's pretty hard to do. Also, if we take a look at season-hits record, the 10 guys below Ichiro all played in the 20's and 30's, save for one guy (here's a hint: it's also Ichiro!). I won't even go into the obvious differences in field dimensions, glove and bat technology, and pitching specialization.

Now, I'm not saying that he should win the MVP (that would be Senor Guerrero), but all these fools on ESPN.com and FoxSports are just haters. There, I've gotten it out of my system (two weeks late), and now I can watch the Red Sox blow it in peace.

In other sporting news, here's an amusing article on the ever-popular subject of hideous baseball uniforms. I've often mentioned that I think the late-70s and early-80s were the greatest period for ugly uniforms. There are too many to go into here, and perhaps I'll do a better job of parsing it later, but I'll leave you with these undisputable arguments: Pirates, Padres and Astros. Need I say more?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home