Welcome Back (Your dreams were your ticket out)

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Snubbing Time

As I watched Adrian Brody read the Oscar nominations this morning, it seemed so obvious that Paul Giamatti would be nominated for his nuanced performance in Sideways that I didn't even notice this year's most egregious snubbing. It took until I got to work and looked over the full list. Just looking at the nominations, you'd think that only six good movies came out in 2004 (one of which, incomprehensibly, would be Closer). I'll save my predictions until Oscar night, but for now, all I have to say is Leo is taking up valuable space. Giamatti is still owed for his American Splendor snubbing from last year. Of course, there was no way he would win, but as they say, it's an honor just to be nominated.

Additional Note: Speaking of snubs, where's Wyclef's original song nomination for "Million Voices"? Who chooses these things anyway?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home