Welcome Back (Your dreams were your ticket out)

Friday, January 21, 2005

GOP = Sucky Music


The most exclusive club in the world:
Republicans Who Rock

In the course of human history, the combination of vitriolic patriotism and affluence has yet to produce any decent music. For examples, look no further than this Thursday's presidential inauguration. I didn't attend myself, I watched it on the TV, which should have given me ample access to the "Mute" button. If only I'd made better use of this innovation. The 100,000 assembled, plus me, were "treated" to earnest renditions of John Ashcroft's "Let the Eagle Soar" and the "American [not National] Anthem." Lyrically, these two abominations sound like they were composed by a third-grader with a rhyming dictionary, no doubt as part of some onerous homework assignment. Any person hearing this music at the inauguration cannot have any doubt in his mind about the Bush administration's position on torture.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know which I would have rather heard, "I wanna be sedated" or "Beat on the brat."

10:27 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home