Welcome Back (Your dreams were your ticket out)

Saturday, January 15, 2005

We Get It, You're Oppressed

Hi, there. Do you know any women? If you do, then you've probably had every last one of them tell you about Maureen Dowd's recent editorial, headlined "Men Just Want Mommy." After the seventh person tried to explain to me how womens' IQs are inversely correlated to their marriability, I read the thing myself. While I found many of Dowd's conclusions plausible on a shallow level, there weren't any revelations one couldn't find in a Nora Ephron movie.

Dowd misses the whole point though, revealed in the final quote by Carrie Fisher. Now, please don't tell me that Princess Leia cannot get a date. She just has to troll a few sci-fi conventions in that bronze bikini from Jedi (She could easily land this guy, for instance). Professional women may be shunned by professional men, but it couldn't hurt to do a little slumming for desperate men.

(Damn, this is my third mention of Maureen Dowd this month. I guess she's Expecting Rain's Miss January).

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maureen Dowd can be frustrating, for example being way too easy on Schwartzenegger, but if she's Miss January, I'm looking forward to the centerfold.

3:40 PM

 
Blogger ak47 said...

how is it that this woman has a column in the NY times? I want to kick her in the face.

6:07 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home