Welcome Back (Your dreams were your ticket out)

Friday, April 29, 2005

My Resignation Letter

The following is the reprinted text from my resignation letter from the FTC. Names have been redacted to protect the innocent:

March 10, 2004

Dear Ms. ----------

It is with heavy heart that I must regretfully announce my impending resignation from the Honors Paralegal program of the Bureau of Competition. Though my time here has been rife with excitement and photocopying, I must depart in order to pursue other opportunities in this grand jest we call "Life." A hundred thanks for your trust in initially hiring me, though I wore running shoes to the interview. The 29th of April will be my final day here at the commission.

Thus I leave you with these sage words:

Out, out, brief candle!
Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets, his hour on the stage
And then is heard no more.

Sincerely,


-eli

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home