Welcome Back (Your dreams were your ticket out)

Monday, May 02, 2005

A Dilemma

I really had my mind set on making fun of Sacramento Kings guard Mike Bibby, who is easily the ugliest man in the National Basketball Association (and currently shellacking the Sonics in Game 4 of the first round playoffs). There's more to Bibby than just ugliness though. A visit to his website informed me that he runs a basketball camp at his old high school during the off-season, which is a laudible extra-curricular activity (especially when compared to how Shawn Kemp spends his free time). Yet Bibby's ogrish appearance inspires night terrors in small children. Good thing I quit my job; I now have plenty of time to noodle on just such a dilemma.

[All you Bibby fans might want to check out the following site, now that Ray Allen and the Sonics have sent him home early. http://www.mikebibby.com/tats.htm]

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You may also want to spend some of your recently begun leisure learning how to spell laudable. I expect better. :) -Chester
http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Dictionary&va=laudable

8:34 AM

 
Blogger Sarah D. said...

WHAT? I've always thought Bibby was kinda cute. For real.

5:47 PM

 
Blogger Sarah D. said...

Eli, Jon and I urge you to go check out Popeye Jones and Tyrone Hill. And Bibby isn't even close to being the ugliest person on his team!!!! Check out Greg Ostertag for some real nastiness.

8:30 PM

 
Blogger teo said...

For another winning NBA model, to look towards the Golden State Warriors own Adonal Foyle. http://www.nba.com/playerfile/adonal_foyle/?nav=page

Also, Greg Popovich is quite a peach.

2:09 PM

 
Blogger EB said...

Apparently I spoke too soon when asserting that Bibby was "undeniably" the ugliest in the NBA. This is obviously a subject close to people's hearts. I've done some background research, and while Ostertag does give off a certain "Sloth-from-Goonies" vibe, I'm still not convinced. I suppose one person's "hideous" is another's "kinda cute." Perhaps there's hope for us all (I should point out that I exempt all Eastern European ballers from the ugliness competition, as that's just shooting fish in a barrel).

1:49 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home